Type of Smoking: Warm Smoking Recommended
Temperature: Moderate indirect heat
Time: Smoking time typically ranges from about 40 to 50 minutes.
Chicken wings Smoking chips (Choose recommended fruity wood chips) Seasonings (salt, spices, etc.)
- Prepare the chicken wings by washing and patting them dry.
- Prepare the smoking chips. If using a smoking device, soak the smoking chips in water for a while, then drain to remove excess moisture. This prolongs the burning of the smoking chips during the smoking process.
- Place damp smoking chips.
- Place the chicken wings on the grill grate and position them inside the smoking apparatus. Close the lid and smoke the chicken wings with moderate indirect heat. Typically, the smoking time is around 40-50 minutes, but adjust based on the size of the chicken wings.
- Once smoking is complete, your smoked chicken wings are ready.
Recommended Smoking Chips
Fruity Wood Chips
Applewood: Offers a fruity and sweet aroma that pairs well with chicken wings.
Cherrywood: Provides a gentle sweetness and subtle smokiness that complements chicken wings.
Peachwood: Known for its distinctive peach aroma, adding a refreshing touch to chicken wings.
For those who enjoy classic smokiness
Oak: A common smoking chip that imparts a balanced smoky flavor to chicken wings.
Hickory: Known for its strong smoky character, adding a robust flavor to chicken wings.
Here are a few recipe variations using smoked chicken wings. These recipes enhance the smoky flavor while providing a variety of tastes to enjoy.
Sweet and Savory Glazed Smoked Chicken Wings
Smoked chicken wings Soy sauce Mirin (sweet rice wine) Grated garlic Grated ginger Sugar
Preheat your oven and lightly brown the smoked chicken wings. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, mirin, grated garlic, grated ginger, and sugar. Marinate the chicken wings in this mixture. Place the marinated wings back in the oven and bake until caramelized.
Honey Mustard Grilled Smoked Chicken Wings
Smoked chicken wings Honey mustard sauce Olive oil Salt and pepper
Marinate smoked chicken wings in honey mustard sauce, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Grill the wings until the sauce caramelizes on the surface.
Spicy Buffalo Smoked Chicken Wings
Smoked chicken wings Buffalo wing sauce Butter Frank's hot sauce Sriracha sauce Ranch dressing
Warm up smoked chicken wings in the oven. In a pot, bring Buffalo wing sauce, butter, Frank's hot sauce, and Sriracha sauce to a simmer. Coat the warmed wings in the simmering sauce and serve with a side of ranch dressing.