This recipe is Toshiko Furlong's original recipe.
This is a burger inspired recipe from Maple Leaf Deli, a Canadian smoked meat restaurant in Dubai.
This is the restaurant's Instagram
- Burger patties or Chicken breasts (I pound them to equal thickness- in the US the breasts are huge so you might get two burgers out of one breast) *I only season them with salt and pepper but you can season as you like
- Poutine gravy or any one of those instant gravy packets (Poutine or not) that you like and make the gravy
- Sautéed mushrooms
- Swiss cheese, or your preferred cheese
- Sliced raw onion
- Chipotle mayo (or any spicy mayo)
- Pickles (optional)
- Burger buns
- Place the wood chips on bottom. Turn you burner on med-high high.
- The smoker should be kept at a temperature between 190F (88C) to 210F (100C) so you will have to keep a watch on it as it takes a bit of time to bring it back up to temperature and then figure out the level of heat to keep it at that temperature.
- Once it comes to temperature after adding the meats, Smoke burger patties 20-25 minutes or Chicken breasts 25-35 minutes (depending on size)
- Once done, sear them in a pan on med-high to high heat just to get color (a minute or slightly more) and flip them and then add cheese for the final side.
- Burger buns can be toasted if you prefer, then add Chipotle mayo on both halves.
- Place the burger/chicken on bottom half bun, top with mushrooms, and raw onion slices. I then put the top bun on loosely, tilt the burger in a burger wrapper and pour on a spoonful or two of gravy right under the top bun. Then I wrap it up and it is ready to devour!
Be sure to try this delicious burger recipe!
KIWAMIYA-tei is looking for original recipes from everyone.
Please share your recipe with us!
*Please write "Original Recipe" in the email title.